Sunday, March 30, 2008

27 March Jacob Letter

AS you all know, I have been extended for three more weeks because of the transfer period in NY north but I suspect that they need three weeks to prepare for my arrival! Oh well, I intend to use my three extra weeks to study more, to understand the doctrine well, to know the scriptures well enough that I can find it for any questions and concerns. I will also be a awesome mentors to all the new missionaries who will come to learn ASL, Woho!

I cannot beleive that the Magelby really did send you a dead mouse! Please give Chillin' a proper burial, it the least we can do to a poor dead mouse (at least make kyle dig a grave!). Oh boy, that was hilarious. Can you give them my thanks for their care packages? I have truly enjoy it especially my last one which was the pink Care Kitty fruit snacks. When I got it, all the other elders start whistling thinking it from my girlfriend (I wish), it was quite funny.

Wow, Ohio State got Pryor? I hope he can live up to his skills. That a good news, as soon as football season start, I expect a weekly update! Don't worry, I'm not thinking much about football here. Beleive me, I have never been so focus on studying the gospel but we can tend to get a little bore here and footballs topics can invaribly drift into our converstation. One of the elder in my district is a michigan fan! Don't worry, we are very friendly with each other but still...

How was the lacrosse game last night? You will probably inform me in the tonights letters. The dear elder letters don't come till 5 o'clock every day except the weekend. I assume they dominated. Again, I expect a game by game update on Kyle. I love to hear how he doing.

A answer to dad question. (You ask do asl missionary stay in the mission) THe answers is mostly. Almost all hearing asl missionaries stay in their mission so that mean there won't be (if rarely) a transfer between North and South of NY so almost all the ASL missionaries for all the missions come straight from the MTC. The deaf missionaries are different. If they are purely deaf (cannot speak, only sign), they get to transer to another mission at the end of their 1st year as it was to our two deaf teachers (both went to Houston at first year, one went to Touscan ARizona, another went to CAlifornia). So I will probably stay in New York north for the rest of my missions because of my circumstances. You should have the pictures of the UNited STates with the mission names, that where all the ASL missionaries go. THere are average 8 to 10 asl missionaries in each mission. I won't probably stay in the deaf program for the whole time, it will probably be half asl, half english. It all up to the Mission President of how to use me.

AS for my boot, I have to wear it for three more weeks. THe doctor did another x-ray and find it healing but still fracture. So three more weeks. My district gave me a "poor baby" sign. I feel stupid for playing basketball now...they should banned it completely...too many missionaries got hurt playing basketball...At least I get to use the elevator! (My class is on the fourth floor).

Did you send the memory cards? I have not yet received it. As soon as I got it, I will send my pictures immediately. I have tons of pictures that are awesome.

Hey Kyle, good luck with Mulch Saturday! MAHAHAHHAHA! Have fun, remember, just one more time and you're done for the rest of your life!

How the Super Mash Bro tanner?

How you doing Christy and Reza?

How the baby, Jenny and Kevin?

Happy Late birthday dad (you should get a birthday card on monday). How life mom? You know, I just love seminary (and movies!).

Oh that remind me, here is my testimony for Lissete. You could write it on the opague cover of the ENsign or write it inside, whatever conveint. Here it is.

"I present you this magazine, out of love, for you. In this magazine, you will read many testimonies of the savior Jesus Christ. You will read what Jesus Christ is really is. You will read why we love him and why we need him. Admist the many testimonies, I leave my own.

I solemny testify that I know Jesus Christ live! I know he is our savior, our redeemer, our comforter. I know that through him, out of love for all of us, Jesus Christ want us to live with him and heavenly father for all times and eternity. It because of his atonement, his atoning sacrifice for all of us. He suffer all of our pain and sins because he love us. He dodn't want us to suffer, he want us to have joy. He will take away our burdens and our suffering and replaced it with peace, happiness, and comforting love. Only through the Acceptance of Jesus Christ can we expereince such blessings. I testify that he lives, that he is with us today and forevermore. I testify that he is my beleoved friend, my guidance, my hope, and more importantly my savior! More importantly, he lives!"

Please, if she ever have any questions, be willing to answer it and help her find what she is seeking.

Three elders in my district already left. Elder Mcmullin, Fraser and Tritsch. They all went to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Because the mission transfer period was this tuesday, the Mission president feel it right for them to come. THe day after was very weird, the approriate way to described is it very guiet. IT because Elder Tritsch know a lot about the scriptures (more like Old Testament, he rarely talk about new Testament and Book of Mormon. Probably because his converted Dad used to be a Jew). He a very smart elder (only need to finish one more semester to finish college) so you know what a very smart people typically do. It was quite relaxing and I feel a bit more calm. It a very weird feeling. In four weeks, two elders will leave, in five week, a sister will leave. I'm not sure about elder grow, my companion but he might stay with me for the entire period. IT going to be a neat period even though I'm getting sick of the MTC foods already...(please send me real foods!!!!).

The MTC has been a awesome expereince and my districts is getting letter to find out about March MAdness (I predict Memphis will win it all). THe teachers are awesome, the gospel is true, I love all the people that support me. I so grateful I have a chance to express that gratitude and share the blessing I expereince. Watch out New Yorkers, Elder Frost is coming!

I love you all!

No comments: