Hey Family, how have you been doing back home? I cannot beleived that you got a massive snowstorm (except for you Jenny and Kevin!) and it during March! Wow, I can't also beleived that it broke the record for the most snowfall. I guess it did indeed confirm my suspicious, global warming is coming! Just kidding but wow. I guess I have been truly blessed to be here in Provo because it has all been sun and shine. I also want to apoligize mom for my terrible grammers problems in this email because I do not have time to check it again because of the 30 minutes timer. Sorry but at least enjoy my email!
As I said, it has been all sun and shine here in Provo. The average has been 50s and most of the day, it was cloudless. The mountains is so gorgeous! Brigham Young sure pick a great spot to settle.
Congratulation Kyle, you made it in the varsity again. I can't beleived that two freshman made the team, wow. Work hard, you will get plenty of game time if you play hard. Don't take success for grant because you won the last four state champions, work hard for it! I hope I inspire you, if not, at least pay attention to Coach Wolford.
I can't beleived that Jon Proper, David Shannon, and Jackson Walser is going to go on a mission soon, that is awesome.
I got your easter candies and boy, you sure send a lot. Very good move that you did not buy peeps, very smart. You are also smart to put lots of chocolate! As for the cookies you bought from dearelder. It was good but don't buy it too often, two or three times during the MTC is good enough, the MTC foods has make me feel full all the time and it hard for me to eat all the sweets. Thanks you so much for it anyway, it was really goooood.
Speaking of MTC foods, I have gain ten pounds, beat that Kyle! I now weight 165 pounds (and hold the fat joke, I'm still skinny). The MTC food has been so-so. Sometimes it good, sometimes it not. I at least take comfort that I can eat all the time. The teachers told us that the budget they get in the mission hardly cover their foods needs so they lost weight, guite a lot of weight. They told us to enjoy the MTC food while you still can. My district is having a little contest on who can gain the most weight during the MTC, not surprisingly, they think I'll gain the most consider that one of my foot is useless (more on that later). They also want me to beat Brother Croccard who said he gain 25 pounds in the MTC two years ago.
Oh boy, that a lot of weight but I won't get fat, I'll just get beefier. Since my foot got "hurt", I can only do weight lifting in gym and it safe to say I have a sweet guns! Oh well, I'm still skinny...
Hey dad, you can send the video card with the family pictures in it and I can just view it on my camera. I can't view it on the computer until I go to New York but I can still see the pictures on my camera. Just to let you know.
Speaking of you Dad, I hope you found your dream job. You know what my dream job is? A professional lego builder...hey, a boy can dream can he?
Thanks for sending the Crawford email message to me. That was so sweet of her. I feel blessed to have some good friends back home. Tell them I said HI!
How the two mormon singers in America Idol? Don't go into detail, just let me know now and then if they pass or drop out. It interesting.
I heard Obama might win the Democrat, wow! I also heard that the Mexico President want all the missionaries to get out of his country but first, he want to interview ten missionaries personally in case he need to change his mind or what not? Can you speak some truth about it? I heard it from some missionaries who came from Mexico.
For christy and Reza, I hope you have a fun honeymoon in Cancun. Sorry to hear your traithlon got cancel Reza, I know how suck it is when the events we been work hard for suddenly got cancel (like a lacrosse game). Oh well, keep up with the good work with the Lakers, my companion Elder Grow is dying to hear how they doing. He a huge laker fan.
I been talking too much about you, now it my turn to talk about me!
ASL has been going really well for me. I am learning many vocabularly and are beginning to understand its unique grammar rules. Their grammer operate based on "object-subject-verb." Basically, you say the most important object in the sentence first to emphasis than say the rest of the sentences about it. I need to get used to it. I have learned many and I'm confident (and humble) that I will get a basic grasp. THe mission will have to teach me how to have a real communication with deaf people who sign ten times faster than me! I been praying continually that I will understand the language and for a desire to learn more about it. It will go well, I'm be studying from 8 am to 9 pm every day.
We had a devotional from the quorum of the seventy, his name is Elder Stevens. He talk about the plan of Salvation and how important it is to show the investigator a way not to celestial kingdom but to exaltation. It was really good and I have only one small personal complaint, can he at least tell one good joke? Oh well, I learn a lot from him and it was a very good talk.
Every sunday night, we watch a movies. On our first night, we saw "THe another testament." It a movie about the Native America during the time Christ was on the earth. I have only see it once so it was really good to see it again. You need to get a copy of it. On the 2nd sunday, we saw the Joseph Smith movie. It was still really good. In both movies, I cried a bit toward the end because it true!
I'm getting along pretty well with my companion, Elder Grow and most of the district. Elder Tritsch is hard to get along with especially with the whole district because he like to talk alot (hence his ASL name move from the mouth.) HE know a lot about the gospel and can be quite brash about it. Oh well, I don't hate him or don't like him, he know the gospel a lot but he just hard to get along with. Everybody is learning sign language really well and I'm learning alot.
I'm so grateful to be here in the MTC, I know the gospel I'm learning and will soon teach is true. I know Joseph SMith was a prophet of God and that the book of mormon is indeed a true book and is an another testament of jesus christ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment