Dear Frost, Thomas, and Ghazimoradi Family,
I'll bet you wonder why I am writing this when I already sent you a rather long email. Believe it or not, I still have much to say.
Let's start with my foot. I only broke one bone and it is classified as a hair-line fracture. You can barely see it on the x-ray so it is safe to say in the interest of my pride, 19 years and still no broken bones. Disagree if you want. I have no idea who won the game and honestly don't care. I nearly broke my right foot all for a rebound that I didn't get. Ooh the humility! It didn't and still doesn't hurt unless I do something extreme with that foot.
I got your care packages. That was alot of easter candy! Speaking of easter, do what you want with the pooping geese. You can give one to Jenny and Kevin if you want or you can sell it for mission money. (that's just my conscience) I love you so much (because I am eating a peanut butter M and M).
I had to wait a couple of days for my pants to arrive that first week. I had to wait until Saturday. that meant I wore my same suit for that entire period! Go ahead, laugh at my expense. I love my new suits, it is really cool and I feel really important. Like, really really important.
I am getting along well with my companions, there are some dislikes but nothing major. We are striving to get along so it has been a good experience.
As you know, we had Elder Holland at the devotional! Since we are in ASL, we get the best seats (one of the blessing of being deaf) and we were only a mere 20 feet away from him. you can feel the excitement when he talked you just wish he would never stop. That's how good I felt. He taught us to work hard on the mission because it is the Lord's mission not yours. He wants us to work hard so that when we look back we won't have any regrets. he also told us that if you ever feel discouraged think about the savior's last hours and how he sacrificed and bore the pain alone. This should help us when we feel discouraged over stupid things. It was a very good devotional and truly a blessing to see and hear an apostle in person!
The very most important thing we learn in class is the Deaf culture. the teachers said only 30% of parents were able to communicate with their deaf children. that means 70% grew up frustrated with the hearing world because hearing people constantly misunderstood them because they grew up unable to express themselves freely meeting another deaf person who knew ASL was a great moment. They would finally meet some one they could talk to. As a result the deaf community is very tight. Their deaf culture is also unique, it is going to be a very interesting experience for me. Remember my graphic novel, the senior thesis? Don't publish it while I am on my mission. I realize that my graphic novel did not explain much about communication. There are still many sides and I want to see all their views. The Deaf Culture is more diverse than I thought. I believe the Lord has choosen me for this and I don't know what he has planned for me but I know I am gong to play a very important role in trying to unite the two worlds. Just don't publish the graphic novel until I come back from my mission.
I am so grateful to be in the MTC, for the first time in my live, I actually looking forward to reading my scriptures everyday. I suppose it is because all the distractions are gone. I am able to look back at my life and see how many blessing I have got. I want to share that blessing to the people who are looking for answers. I know the gospel is true and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is indeed the true church. It is impossible to deny it, I know the Book of Mormon is true not because of facts or some one told me . I know it is because I have prayed for it. (Moroni 10:4-5) I love you all and thank you so much for your love and support.
Elder Frost
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment