Business Items
1) Thanks you so much for a valentine box mom, it was delicious!
2) I have homework for all of you, let see who can reply first. I want a simple exercise program that can really help me slam dunk! Google it, it will be there
3) another homework for you. There a sport museum in manhattan but it cost money to get in. I want you all to look it up and see if it worth my money
4) have I told you all that I lOVE YOU!!!
Back to the wild wild adventure of elder frost in NYC. Let you know, the transfer will end on the first week of march. There a good chance I will go upstate. If you're planning to send me a package ;-), make sure you send it before the last week of Feb. You can send regular mail until the last week of Feb. Just a warning. We had some asl elders going upstate and a week or two later, their packages arrive in our apartment. Based on the time it take, they probably did not received it until one month later.
It has been pretty warm here in NYC, the temperature hover around 40 to 50 degrees. I really like that. As always, we struggle to find deafs but we welcome the challenge. It taught me a lot about patience, faith, and most importantly, how to really find deaf people, a valuable skill! No deaf cannot hide from me! We had a branch party last week Saturday, the theme was valentine. It was a lot of fun but almost all the people that showed up have history with the missionaries. There was some new and we were able to have a friendly chat with them, invited them to church on the next day.
In the party, it a tradition for missionaries to serve the food. I always wonder if all twelve of us don't show up, would the party become a chaos? Very likely.
For mom: I have a wonderful movie that you should show to the Seminary class. It matched perfectly to your teaching about the savior Jesus Christ. It called "The Bridge." It a ten minutes film but really powerful, it parallel Jesus Christ sacrificed pretty well. You should definitely show it to seminary class. I highly recommend it. We show it to one of our deaf members, a recent convert. He was paralyzed for like fifteen minutes. It really hit him. You can check the church library or in distribution center, they should have one.
Here in the Bronx, we see awful things everyday. Drugs, alcohol, gambling, swearing, the list go on. It sadden me to see Satan have gotten hold many of them. We see it everyday, we see people free agency being abuse, we see many of their hearts become hardened. These people believe smoking, drinking, gambling, sex is what life is about. They think they can do whatever they want and it such a oxymoron to see them do that and go to church on Sunday. These people thought they have a freedom to do whatever they want, in reality, they are slowly binding themselves to the father of all lies. How grateful I am for the Word of Wisdom, the Law of Chastity and many other commandments. These people think the commandments is restrictive, that it limit their free agency. If only they understand their eternity, if only they understand the spirit inside of them, if only they understand there is only a right and wrong, there is no neutral in between. These commandments, I testify, do not restrict us. Rather, it free us from quilts, from sins, from Satan. It not freedom to do whatever we want, it freedom from Satan grasp. I know god love us and I know he set up the commandments to help us be happy, to have peace. The answer to these dilemma is simple. If you firmly believe god is your heavenly father, then you know he set up the rules for a reason. You trust him and you have faith to follow. If you do not have those believe, then you will see the commandments dumb. I testify God is our father in heaven and he know us, he love us. We are here to learn and to grow. He set up the commandments for that purposed. Let us do all we can to be obedience and we will find ourselves much more free.
I love you all and I pray for you every night. Read the scriptures together, pray together, strengthen each other, obey the commandments (cough keep cough the cough Sabbath cough day cough holy cough no cough watching cough tv cough cough!). I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week. Stay tune for next week!
hope you like my gospel discussion, I'm trying to make the email more spiritual. There is still much room to improve but it a start.
P.s. you still editing my book mom? remember, don't hold that pen back!
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment