Oh boy, i'm already getting sick of the MTC foods, I want to go to NY north now! Needless to say, I see my situation as a blessing because I get more time to study the gospel plus I'm going to be a awesome role model to all the new missionaries that will come in three weeks (don't worry, I'm going to be very nice to them, I want to be a respectful missionary! Really!) As you know, three elders already left for fort lauderdale, Florida. This past week has been quite good. Because one of the elders seem to know everything about the scripture (now he gone), I feel we are a better missionaries now because if we need to find something, we have to search for it and therefore, we will know about that particular scripture more than simply somebody telling us. It has been quite relaxing as our gospel study has gotten more productive and more peaceful.
One question, where is the memory cards? From the look of the letters, it look like you send it two weeks ago but it still haven't come! Sorry, I can't send the pictures (I only have one) until I get another one. I'm just wondering if you send it or not, I'm waiting...
This week devotional was Elder Nash of the Seventy. You probably heard of him because he gave a general conferance talk last time. He talk about the importance of making the gospel personal to people live. HE stress of trying to apply it to their lives so they can better understand the blessing of it. Don't teach the lesson, teach the person! I want to do that because I would really hate (not to mention feel really sad) if the person I baptized into the church fall away because they have a weak testimony. You have to make sure they have friends from the church that can support them and a strong faith in Jesus Christ to overcome early trials. The deaf ward in NY has 100 active members (one of the largest in the world) but 300 L.A.!!! I won't find out why till I get there but if most of them fall away because the missionaries was focus on the numbers, I will try my best with the lord help to bring them back "into one fold." Try to help them get a strong testimony and make the gospel personal into their lives. That why I'm quite eager to get to NY now! (still, the main reason is the foods...)
WE had our share of April Fool jokes. I'm glad you did not send any april fool letter, who know what effect it would have on me...you do not want to make fun of your favorite deaf brother and son, do you? One of the elder in our district, Elder McBride pull a joke during lunch. He was eating some foods and drink the water then he quickly spit it out, pretending he was choking. I quickly got behind him, ready to pull a heimlich manuever and Elder Grow (my companion) was just behind me, ready to push me aside so he can steal all the glory. Just before I do it, he quickly told us "april fool!" Crikey, I should beat him up!
Another april fool is the teacher prank. During class, Bro. Featherstone came in looking really serious and told Elder Gold that he leaving for LA tomorrow (I should see that coming because they have a friendly rivarly between each other). Of course, almost no one bought it (sadly, I bought it. I thought it was illegal for the teachers to do that, never mind it was a good old fun...I feel duped...) So at the end of the class, it was announced as a prank. Much to the surprise (to me) for everyone. Still, it was a good prank, "leaving early!"
That what april fool was about so it was a good old day.
That suck, no lacrosse game till saturday. If there one thing I really hate about lacrosse, it a week long practice. Keep it there Kyle, it will get better!
Hello Christy, Reza, Jenny, and Kevin! Sorry, not much to say but at least I mention you in my letter! Be happy!
Wow, four number one seed in the final four! Two of the elders inlcluding my companion is a huge basketball fan and they really feel duped. hahahaha. Good things I don't care much about basketball but when football season come rolling around, pray for me. I can't beleived it, first time ever! Good for Ohio State to make it to the NIT final (can't say I'm proud of them). Hopefull they'll use it as a jumping ground for March madness next year.
ASL is going really great. We have pretty much read through the entire preach my gospel so our class times was mostly focus on ASL and interpreting. We interprets church musics (it mostly cheesy because you have to really get into it! It was a good old fun). Interpret movies, speakers, scriptures. WE learn to use the scriptures effeciently. The teachers said you must, every time, use three things when you use the scriptures. 1) background 2) read it 3) and apply it to the investigator live. Very important. Class time is really fun because asl is a expressive language so there a lot of jokes. The teachers are funny and sincere in teaching us.
My district is getting along pretty well. Since two of the three elders that left was kind of annoying (no mean spirit here, just saying), the district feel more peaceful, calmer. We are having a lot of fun together and it has been awesome. My companion Elder Grow is really funny. In class time, he serious about studying but when we are done for the day, he just let loose. Very funny and know how to tell jokes. I want him to stay with me when I'm here for the extra three weeks, we are awesome companion. I'm staying for sure but we don't know about him. President Cochran don't know (our leader) but bro. black, who have the mission president phone number, said he might stay with me. We'll see otherwise, I'm looking forward to the new district.
The weather here has been nice except during the weekend despite the temp of 40, it was like a blizzard during easter sunday. THe snow is all gone now and is a nice 50 to 60 degrees here so I'm looking forward to spring.
AS soon as I get my memory card, the pictures will come soon! There a lot of pictures (don't worry, I took it during my free time and break time, I'm quite serious about studying. Yes mom, I'm studying on my own free will! halleluia!) and some funny videos.
Remember dad, before you take the job, make sure you pray about it and see if it right for you. I would hate for you to pick a job and hate it a month later. Pray about it!
I hope you are having fun and know that you are waiting for spring. Study the scriptures together as family, pray together, and remember, if you ever need someone to talk to, he just a prayer away. I'm so grateful for a chance to share so many of my blessing to the people I will soon teach, I'm grateful for the scriptures and the church. I love it and more importantly, I know that Heavenly father and jesus Christ love us too, he want to help us if we have faith in them and be willing to follow them. I know all of it are true!
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment