Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter!

Once the new day of July 15th begin, scores of fans flock to their nearby theater to watch the last installment of the Harry Potter series. As the credit rolled, they left with a profound feeling, a feeling of despair that magic is not real and never will be except when you go to heaven where you can pretty much do anything you want. I was one of them and yet, I also have a feeling of gratitude, to be able to witness one of the most special pop culture events of all time that is not Michael Jackson. Here is my support:
This is my first attempt at He-Who-Suck-At-Planning-Ahead. This was taken at the BYU bookstore when the 7th and last book was being sold worldwide at midnight. I did this to myself and it wasn't too shabby considering I was the only one who dress up at Voldemort. A lot of people want to take pictures with me.
My 2nd attempt at He-Who-Seriously-Need-A-Girlfriend. This was for Part 1 of the last movie. This time, I had some help and the result is a much better makeup though the bald wig is still so-so. The red contact lenses was a very nice touch. I show up at the theater super excited but there wasn't a lot of pictures taken. I think it because it was November and most of us were freezing outside in the lines. Or they are just too scare.
I consider dressing up as Voldemort once again but only if I shave off my head due to ineffective nature of bald wig. Then I realize I have to be a EFY counselor the following week and I can't seem to think of a good excuse of why I did it. Gums in my hair? Chemotherapy? Lice? Donating it to Nicholas Cage to curb his baldness? Trying to be evil? Sadly, I don't have a guts to do it plus I'm lazy. I'm suppose to be a hip Death Eater but I didn't exactly stand out but people comments on what a wonderful pair of eyes I have.
Helping out Voldemort in a old fashion way.

2 comments:

Pam alias Mom said...

I am sure Harry is very happy of the support you have given him through the years.

JKThomas said...

Now I am expecting you to watch maddy while I go see it!