Saturday, February 6, 2010

6 weeks to go!

It just happen, the beginning of my last cycle. I'm pretty sure you all expereince it, it is invetiable: their are movies that need to be watch six weeks later!

Right now, I am feeling a enormous sense of relief (both good and bad) knowing this very important part of my life is about to come to close. I would want to make it a parable of life but I reliaze if we all knew when we will died, we will be chilled for a few years then do all of our repenting on our final year. A risky thought. My mindset is so different from the beginning of my mission and I know I need to challenge myself to do better. I am doing well on the work but I know I can do better. I am really excited to be able to go home and start the next phase of my life. I am also sad because I realized I will never have a expereince like this again. As president monson said in the general conferance a year ago, life is always changing, embrace it and make a better future.

This week has been wacky and such. One night, we were walking down the street to get to our train stop. There was a middle age man that was standing on the side of the sidewalk. As we walk by, he said, "good evening, how you do?"

Naturally, we stop to say hello back and maybe convince him to buy Ironman instead of Transformer Two for his sake. He respond with a mild yell, "what the f*** you doing, get the F*** outta here, Go back to you f***ing home!" Hope he's not suffering from Schizphronniec. Another night, it was late in the night as we were walking home on 167th. We decided to stop by the Deli to buy some drinks. As we were browsing, three middle age men start talking with us, asking us if we were mormon. I became really scared because they were drunk, one of them was holding a super size extra large bottle of beer, and it was late in night. I was silent the whole time and my comp was confidently answering all their questions. Then he made a possibly fatal mistake, he took out the cashes and start counting it and give it to me to buy the drinks. Their eyes were certainely fixed on the green but I was quick to used it all on the drinks. We quickly left and ran to our apartments, me far ahead for protection of myself. When I look back and noticed they haven't left the store, I show my manner by holding the door open for my comp to get in the apartment building safely. The bronx is a scarey place to be in!

I am so happy to hear that all of you are doing well. One fo the most important lesson I learn on my mission is that heavenly father is real and he is willing to help us. We just need to have a sincere conversation with him, let him know that we are in for real. This help me know that everyday, I must have a open and honest communication with my heavenly father so he can know how to help me.

I love you all and I hope you all get trunky in the next six weeks hehehe

love,
Elder Frost

Hey christy and jenny, did both of you get my belated christmas gift?

Hey dad, you sign me up on cool classes? Also, I still haven't got my two black with gray pinstrips pants back from the MTC

No comments: