Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It's starting to get really cold here.

It's starting to get really cold here. Lucky for me, we have a car to stay warm! I'm sad now that summer is over, I wish I serve somewhere warm where I can wear white shirt year round. I hate dressing myself up with black coats because I feel like a salesmen or a JW!

The work is doing very well. We are starting to see miracle after miracles. Our stake has a goal for 100 baptism and our stake president is working hard to make the wards accomplish their goals. We are behind by 60 baptism (there are eight wards and branches), there are a lot of catching up to do but we are excited. Some of our members are doing a fabulous jobs and some of them being a typical members, don't do much. Sorry if that was a mean comment, I'm a missionary. Hopefully, I will become more sympathetic when I become a member. But for now, every members need to get involved! Just continued to praise them, encourage them, congratulation them, etc.

I wish I can say something cool...I could write down how I almost hit a deer multiple of times but that nothing new here in NY. I could write down how we are being attack by leaves. I could write down how happy I am to hear the buckeye is rebounding back after destroying Wisconsin and Michigan is 4-2 (1-2 in Big Ten). Hehehe, don't worry, I'm not obsessed about it...hopefully not.

I came to realized that being a missionary is more than just being a missionary. We all can easily learn what we need to do as a missionary. We all can street contact, we all can tract, we all can work with members. That the easy part. The harder part is converting ourselves into something better. We all come here to put our heart on the altar and watch it get burn like the heart in the Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom movie. Just kidding but we do need to sanctify our heart. I realize that perhaps the most important part of my mission is when I change. Right now, I'm striving to make optimistic the part of me. I want to always have a smile in my face and laugh at every mistake I make (as for the serious one, we will see). I want to believe that no matter what happens, good things will happen. That mean if Ohio State lose, I should not get depressed and threaten to wipe out the entire race of wolverines but rather, to accept it and move on. It will take a lot of trials and errors because I have yet to experience that feeling (five years in a row and still counting!) I want to always look back with no regret, knowing we are still learning and enjoying life. Enjoy life, it only happens once and we want to make sure we died with a smile in our face!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

I'm sorry tanner and christy, your birthday gift will come late. Forgive me!

love,
Elder Frost

P.S. Scott welling is companion with one of my friend in LA. he is doing well!

No comments: