By Friday, we finally moved back to our place. Too late to hook up with Heidi Welling, I'm stuck in NY. If I get a chance to work in Conn, I will let you know!
They put the new floor in our apartment, all wood. My chief concern now is that the floor did not have a finish on it so there will be a lot of scratches and stains on it. I already let the mission office know so hopefully, we wont get future problems about the floor.
Transfer had already happen last week and as you know, I got a new companion name Elder Maldonado. He was born in Brazil, move to Chile, then to Utah so he know three languages. He is awesome and last week, we taught seven people who want to learn more about the gospel. (In our mission, we count people as new if we have a opening prayer (not required), teach a good lesson (at least two principles, take at least five minutes), a closing prayer and a specific return appointment). When I came here, missionaries count news by street contacting and simply getting their address and a appointment. You can easily rack up 15 to 20 news a week that way. Not anymore. The average now is five.
As you already know, I turn 21 yesterday. It was a weird feeling. I celebrate by buying Mormon beer, the chocolate milk, and drink 21 shots of it! Not really, but I did buy chocolate milk! I feel really old. On Monday, we had a zone meeting and they ask everyone who have been here for a year and half. There was 22 missionaries and only two of us stood up. I'm so old! Nothing special happen on my sweet 21 except contacting some really sweet people. My companion could not believe that I contact a "dart" (beautiful young women) and manage to get her address and a return appointment. Don't worry, we will bring a third man with us. We will see how that go. I discriminate no one! I then went to ASL class and halfway through the class, my WML call and proceed to say Happy Birthday out of the top of his lung so I put it on speaker for everyone to hear. Now that the members know today is my birthday, I'm hoping they do something...wink wink.
We went home and as I open the door, there was the two other elders holding the homemade cake saying happy birthday. that was very sweet of them. Don't worry, I will stick around on thursday for my belated present :-) We have a super friendly atheist who has known Mormon missionaries for 40 years wanting to host a birthday party for me and my companion (his birthday is on the 27th) so we accept. All in a good day.
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Stay strong, the gospel is true!
love,
Elder Frost
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment