Next week is going to be a special week. President Searle decided to postpone p-day until Thursday meaning p-day is on thanksgiving, meaning we can see the Macy parade! It will be very sweet, we will email as normal on Wednesday so that why I want to ask you, what is the best spot to see the parade for free? I need to know where so we don't have to play a game of guess. It will be very sweet! As far as we know, we probably won't have a thanksgiving dinner. I don't mind because it least of our concerns. That part of the mission, you have to sacrificed a lot! Man, I get to see the parade in person. I remember every year we watch part of it on tv and I get to witness it in person possibly the first in the frost family! Muahahahahaha!
To answer your questions of my ASl, yes, I am very fluent now. I was surprised how fast I picked it up in the MTC and I guess being around with deaf students in the high school help a lot. I pretty much master almost all the vocabulary. The only thing I need to improve on is making it more fluent, like a natural language. We don't use much during the day as we search for deafs, asking hearing people if they know anybody who is deaf. When they reply, we teach them right away, giving the hearing elders free baptisms! We have the opportunity to chat with at least two deafs everyday.
I play football this morning and boy, I'm so tired. It sure was fun, better than staying in the apartment all day until six.
We had a baptism in the Branch last week. She was a wife of a deaf RM who used to serve here in Brooklyn during his mission. She had been taught for a long time and what finally convince her was the spanish elders manage to baptized her mom. So naturally, the daughter follow her mother footstep. It was wonderful and the baptism service was full of spirits. Greg, the RM, had his father flew here from Utah, he have a powerful talk about the atonement. Xiomary, the one who is baptized, her spanish mom spoke of how she always see the ASL missionaries visiting her daughter yet couldn't communicated with them. During the summer, she decided to go to the stake Pioneer Picnic where she met the spanish elders who was able to communicated with her. The rest is history. Her daughter soon followed. It was a wonderful experience and in one year, these two will be sealed in the temple.
I'm so excited for this Sunday, Elder Holland is coming to the town. It will be held in some fancy ballerina theater that is big enough to house the full Manhattan stake (and few others from outsides the area who is sneaking in). I'm so stoked and we are doing everything we can to pull our investigator into this event because it will be exciting.
We are doing very good during the mission, we are finding people who truly are listening and want to learn more. We had two investigator showing up for church last Sunday, it was a sweet experience. IT important not to give up, to continued to work hard and do everything we can to find more people. Pray for us that we can baptized at least one during December.
Funny story, yesterday, we enter one of our investigator home. She had a female dalmation dog named Genesis who is pretty aggressive. She was nice at first and we all sat down. The mother (our investigator) left the room and the dog start barking at us all of sudden. Having watched many dog whisperers, I thought it a perfect opportunity to try my new found skills, show that I am the pack leader. I stood up and walk straight to the dog. All of sudden, the dog jump off the chair and start biting toward me, biting me in the thigh. I got scared all of sudden and quickly sat down. My companion moaned, couldn't believe my stupidity. The mother quickly enter, asking what happen. My companion only told her that he stood up and the dog got crazy all of sudden. Because he did not inform her I tried to show who the boss, she immediately went up to genesis and told her "bad dog, bad dog." I guess being a dog whispers require more efforts than just watching TV. On my pant, you can see a bite mark and a small hole. My thigh are fine but my manhood went up into a smoke. It was hilarious.
It getting colder here. The wind are quite humid, you can feel it go straight toward your clothes but it not that bad, pretty much the same as Ohio. Just be a tough elders, I heard upstate new york is much worse so I'm grateful...for now.
I can only say one thing for Reza who soon coming to Manhattan, I will be in Union Square Church (144 west 15th street between 6th and 7th avenue) from 10 to 4 on Sunday. hint, hint or wink, wink.
I know the church is true and I know the gospel bring happiness to people life if they let it. We see many people in the church fall away because they grew bored of the church, don't see why it worth it to go every Sunday, why you need to pray every day, read the scripture every day. Thus the part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, endure to the end become real. True, church get boring most of the times but if we made a commitment inside ourself that we will strive to endure to the end no matter what then nothing can stop us. These people fall away because their testimony are weak. Strengthen your testimony, get a burning in your bones of the gospel, share it!
I LOVE YOU ALL AND I'm STOKED FOR A PDAY DURING THANKSGIVING!!!!!
p.s. Go michigan state!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment