Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It has been a very fun week

Hello family!

It has been a very fun week. This week has been very intense because it was the last week of our cycle and everyone was debating of who switch, who's going or stay. Well, it turn out all this gossipping was worthless. Everyone stay and no one is switching companion. So i'm staying with the Awesome Elder Westra for one more cycle! It has been a interesting week and now everything will return to normal.

You won't beleived what happen to me yesterday (no, I did not get kiss again). I got stuck in the subway for one hour! What happen was we want to go to east bronx to explore and as we were riding, the train stopped. We wait for five minutes and the announcer said that there a problem with the track switch up ahead but we will be moving shortly. Ten minutes later, the announcer said the same thing. Another ten minutes later, same thing. Ten minutes later, the engineer responsible for driving the train start walking p and down apoligize to everyone and said we will be moving shortly. Another ten minutes later, he said the same thing. Finally, he said we will move the train backward and so we did. The train went backward and we were able to get off the train and take the bus to get to another train station (the train was underground). The whole ordeal that should take 30 minutes stretch to two hours. While people was getting very angry, I was in fact, quite happy. You want to know why? I was reading the blogs that dad send me that morning. Really good stuff. Made my stay in the train very enjoyable! There was no power outrage, just a problem with the track switch. Elder westra, who have been here for at least a year said it never happen to him. Sweet!

I laugh so hard when I saw a picture of you, mom and dad, walking with the walker aid "Grandparents in prepartion" or something like that. Very funny picture. It nice to see you made some major renovation with the garage and the basement. Funny that Kyle fell asleep trying to memorized scripture mastery. Good job kyle! The blog was very enjoyable to read.

I regret to say that nothing excited happen this week but I like to let you know that we are very committed for this cycle. Elder christensen, our district leader, challenge us to find one baptism for september to accomplished president searle challenge for each companionship to have one baptism in september. Elder Westra and I planned to do everything we can to find the deaf even if that mean we have to look under every rocks and behind every trees. We are a diligent and obedience missionaries.

You will be getting a memory card from me this weekend, no procrastinating, I will send it tonight. It has a lot of funny pictures and also a lot of boring pictures (it won't be boring if you enjoying the trees, statues, skyline, squirrels fighting against birds for territories, elder frost looking ridiculous. ok ok, the last two is false but I'm not sure about the last one, that might be true). Hope you will enjoy it.

As we were street contacting, we ran into a old woman sporting a goatee. Needless to say, we walk on just mildly disturbed. Welcome to the Bronx.

I had an oppournity to go to the Single Ward on sunday because the elder that serve in that elder is the only elder in the mission that can speak russian. And Fayoz, a deaf young man, father is preparing to received a preisthood so he need an interview. I volunteer. It was held in the 86th street chapel. Wow, so many singles! I met Lawrence Barretts older brother! I also saw one of the BYU football player who play in linebacker but is now in NFL (the gaints, i think). His ethnic is tongan but he's tall and buff. Maybe you know who Reza. The ward was interesting and if that were my future, that would be depressing (sorry Christy, Jenny, Reza, and Kevin. You can hold that as a blackmail against me when I come home). Don't worry, my attitude will change after my mission, but right now, the last place I want to be in is a single ward. Interesting ward...i don't need to say more...

Next week, we will have a zone conference and that is always good. Boost our spirits. I enjoyed it tremensously. This week has not been that bad, in around 80 degrees. Look like I have a perfect summer. Sorry to hear you been having a dry and hot summer. We get a rain here at least once every week. Interesting how the weather is very different in just a few hundred miles.

Summer is almost over and I hope you are enjoying every day of it. I know the gospel is true and I'm grateful to be part of it. It sad to see many people reject us but they don't reject us, they reject what our badge say. So we must move on but I can truly testify that it worth every minutes of it and I realized I have been blessing so many times that I can't repay it. I thanks heavenly father everyday for that.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

congratulation on the referrals mom, you make your missionary son proud! and from the missionary perpective, the referall from the member is almost always a goldmine! Remember to pray for that family and continue to fellowship no matter what happen

No comments: