Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It has been the best six months of my life so far

Wow, wow, I can't hardly believed that August is almost over! So much time has passed especially if you focus on the lord work. Now, I'm beginning to see that two years is not enough!

Nothing culturally excited had happen here except for the Olympics which I'm seeing a lot of articles about that especially on Michael Phelps winning gold medals after gold medals! You can update the olympic if you want, it wouldn't hurt.

Today, we are having a ping pong tournament with two zones, the south manhattan and the north manhattan. 64 brackets. I made it all the way to the elite eight then lost. Go ahead, mourn for Elder Frost. sob, sob. It was a lot of fun though. Beside that on P-Day, nothing much had happen. President Searle recently challenge each companionship to baptized at least one people for september to accomplished 80 baptisms (it quite possible because NY North mission has one of the highest baptism rate in the country, last year the mission had 580 baptisms!) Anyway, this year has been a down year as the number has progressing decreased and President Searle decided to challenge us again to motivated us again. Even the ASL program is up to that challenge. Elder Westra and I are doing everything in our power to find at least two people who potentially could be baptized in Septembers. We have a lot of investigators and the progress with them are slow excepted for two of them. So pray for me to find at least one deaf who is ready for the gospel to be baptized in september! This saturday, the whole mission will fast to accomplished that goal.

Sorry it will be a short letter. As I said, nothing excited had happen in New York City...yet. For the past week, Elder Westra and I have stepped up the game, contacting as many people as possible to find the deaf. We are having more success as we do so and we will increased our efforts. The lord has truly blessed us as we show our faith. Remember, faith without work is dead!

We had the zone conference yesterday in Chinatown and the meeting was all about role playing. We got five weeks worth of church news and two ensign/new era magazines of July and August! Sweet, lots of reading materials for today to read! That why I'm always looking forward to zone conference, you get reward with tons of church reading materials. It always boost me spiritually to read that magazine.

I'm having a blast in New York City and it has been the best six months of my life so far. I love the fact that I get to be able to testify that the church is true everyday. People may ignore my testimony but they cannot deny it. It so much fun! The weather here has progressly got tamer and tamer. This summer has not been a hot summer (except for June, that was awful) and it weird. I'm expecting the worst, winter. It going to be one interesting phase of my mission and no doubt it will be the hard part.

Almost forgot, last Saturday, we welcome two new deaf into the branch as they partook the covenant by baptizing. Both from Brooklyn but sweet nonethless. The progress may be slow but I'm confident that all of our hard work will pay off as the branch will slowly turn into the ward but that require a lot of work and I love it!

I know the church is true and how grateful I am for the oppournity to be able to show my testimony everyday. I strongly recommend you to use Preach My Gospel for family home evening, you only need to teach one principle at a time. I can promise you it will increase your desire to share the gospel and strengthen your testimony. I know jesus Christ is my personal savior!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

No comments: