Sunday, July 20, 2008

Jacob 16 July 2008

Wow, a lot of people must have read the article. Oh dear, that mean the whole world (especially almost every mormon that has the computer) has already read it. I'm impressed. But my 15 minutes of fame is over...

I had a interview with President Searle and told him about the Family blog. He said I can't because it would be too easy for me to look at another website. I agree so sorry, I can't look up. But what you can do is simply print it, just on a regular paper and send it to me if it have a pictures that I would enjoy. Don't need to go through the whole process of printing it on expensive photograph pictures. You only need to use 42 cents to send it to me! You can also send a attachment on the email. I am now using the computers in the church building so I can look it up but it can't print color pictures and you know I love pictures!

Yesterday, we had a special meeting called "What Mormons Believed." It has a famous mormon person who talk about what mormon believe. It kind of like a missionary meeting because it designed for missionaries to bring in their investigators so they can hear a talk from a famous person. Of course, the members can't resists so the meeting was almost full of members. Yesterday, we have a very famous mormon maybe you have heard of him. Glenn Beck. He a CNN analyst or something and also a very popular radio talk show host. Google him if you want. He was very funny especially when he talk about hell, the baby somewhere in the meeting room start crying. He quickly apologize and said it a "bad place." He was very energetic man.

We still had Z committed for baptisms on August 9. She accepting everything we give to her, she reading the BOM and already know the Church is true. We are doing all we can to help her develop a strong testimony in Jesus Christ. The best part is her mom might be interested too. We heard that she is reading the BOM so we are making planned to meet her and hopefully teach her. The spirits was truly strong when we taught Z. Wow.

Last week, on wednesday, we explored the South Manhattan. We went to the store called Tie World. It sell, you guess it, ties! Wow, it was full of ties. They have a special offer where you can buy 12 ties for 30 dollars. That a bargain consider each ties cost 5 dollars. Basically, you buy six ties, you get another six free. And the ties are very nice! We went to the Empire State Building and wow, it sure is tall. Unfortunately, we can't go to the top because it cost 20 dollars to get there. Talk about a rip off.
It was a lot of fun though. Today we will go to the Central Park so it will be a lot of fun.

Beside Z, we have a couple more investigator, one which we hope to commit for baptisms. She is searching for a true church and is a very smart woman but it a challenge to teach her because she study many different religions so her head is filled with false doctrine. So basically, we need to teach with the spirits. Very important.

Well, it sound like you are having fun back home. Man, I missed Boy Scouts already! Cool, you went to that special camp near Dayton. That camp is huge! Hey dad, remember when I was complaining a lot because there was a lot of walking involved? (because the camp is huge!) Well, I take that back because right now, I'm sure walking a lot! You can take the entire week of walking in that camp and it won't even come close to a day worth in New York! No bike, no cars. Just subways and bus and a comfortable shoes here in New York city. Thanks you for your many patience when I was a kid. Still, I really enjoyed that ice cream restaurant next to the camp, it was a really fun time! Maybe I will join you in 2010 for Boy Scout camp.

Well, this week has not been bad. The temperature has been normal but I hear it will increased in the coming week so I better be prepared. Thanks you so much for your love and support! Everyday has been awesome here and I'm truly enjoying it everyday.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

No comments: