Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Roughly 28 people came to church

As you all heard, this past weekend was a missionary weekend. On Saturday, we had a family history fair. From what I have been hearing this past month on the advertisement and how it was going to be big, I was expecting hundreds of people. Only 20 people show up from 10 to 3. It look very disappointing to me but I have been told it was a huge success. Oh well. The come and see on Sunday was interesting. We only had one meeting, the sacrament meeting. It was a hour and half long. It had four speakers and two musical special (primary and choir). Eight deaf members from the city get to come and having not been able to see them for six months, it was good to see them again. Roughly 28 people came to church. We are now in process of trying to meet with some of them. The meeting was good and I love the message they share but I felt it was too long especially that most of the people that came are teenagers and kids. It was a good experience for the members to be able to invite their friends and I hope it was a good expereince for their friends who listen. We had a linger longer with bagels, fruits and vegetables. A very good experience for the members.

Next week is my transfer week. I'm very positive I will go to another area. I have been here far too long and my area is a challenge for me because most of the people we teach is Spanish. My mission president have already know about that. I'm really looking forward to going to another area.

We had a small miracle with our baptismal date. Two weeks ago, on Saturday we taught him and he seem so set. Later in the night, he was hanging out with bad friends, got drunk (he is 17), drove a car even though he do not have a license and he does not know how to drive, hit a garbage can, got send to jail and his work boss release him on condition he will work overtime to pay off the fine. He is feeling the sting of being bad and he is now more determine to straighten up his life. He came to church last week and is still determined to hold to the rod. It nice to have a wake up experience. Hehehe.

I'm going to be honest. I'm feeling burn out now. Being in a Spanish area for six months might have contribute to it. I'm praying hard and I'm setting up goals everyday to make sure I'm being productive. It is awful to have that kind of mind set. I'm sure we all experience it throughout our life when we feel we give it our all and it time to relax. Big mistake! Just like Jesus after healing the people retire to the boat to rest as his disciple ride the boat across the lake. Then a storm came and the disciples woke him up. No time to rest for him. It hard to maintain a eternal perspective and realize our earth life is very very short. I feel like I have a long way to go and that there is plenty of time to catch up. Then again, I don't!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

love,
Elder Frost

No comments: