Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dec 1993 - June 2009 Maxie's Many Resting Places

Here's a small picture tribute to our cat that Pam and the kids adored beyond measure who died unexpectedly on Monday.

Most cats have a favorite place that they sleep - not our Maxie, she slept anywhere and everywhere, just long enough to coat it with her long hair and then off to a new sleeping place. She was a prima donna among prima donna's. She knew she was beautiful and that we were her loyal subjects. Occasionally, she would grace us with her presence and very rarely she might even let members of the family touch her - but never for long!

As she goes ahead to prepare our mansions with her hair ball throw ups, her long hair on our furniture, and her marking her spot on our celestial carpet, we will miss her. Gone will be Pam's many jokes of having her play out in the street or going to Christy and Reza's!

I wish I could say our Dog missed her, but alas, she got the last of her cat food, so Addy was quite happy!

Enjoy the pictures as we enjoy the memories and the Magleby's enjoy the package they'll be getting (one word of caution Mark and Julie - DON'T OPEN the box!).




















Maxine has gone fishing for good!


Finally - Max became a lap cat! I couldn't resist one final petting. Maxine would often lay beside me as I scratched her back and her chin. Occasionally, I would get her going so much that she'd start grooming me with her tongue as I scratched back by her tail!


Goodbye Max, We love you!

3 comments:

JKThomas said...

This made me so sad! I cannot believe that I did not get to say goodbye! It will be weird coming home and not seeing her from a distance.

Pam alias Mom said...

Sorry everyone about the dead cat pictures and the morbid sense of humor, I told Scott not to post any of the dead ones but he never listens to me. And the fact that he never listens to me is why we even got the cat 15 years ago.

Debbie said...

what a pretty cat..so sorry! and scott that is a little morbid, but she looks peaceful... :)

been in utah visiting the jensens, blotters and girdlers, will see the bowens for an hour today...it's been a fun trip...