Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Highland Mother's Day

No Mother's day would be fully complete without a drive down to magical Highland, Ohio where we time warp back to the 1950's (without the need of a black hole) and enjoy a quiet, nostalgic time at Pam's mom's house where taking a nap is a time honored tradition on Sunday afternoon!

Pam's making here cookie/ice cream ramekin dessert.


This year, Aunt Pat also joined us.


Uncle Bob and Christy


Reza catching up on his beloved Lakers (who got thumped today) and Tanner not understanding why anyone follows professional basketball :-)


Aunt Beg - as solid as ever, reminiscing on the days when she did all the cooking!


Grandma, Mommy, Pam's mom talking to her other children.


Roger and Vicki drove up from Kentucky for the day.


The annual deer riding contest

3 comments:

JKThomas said...

I cannot believe that I missed the annual deer riding contest! I was looking forward to entering Maddy and seeing her thump all of you!

Julie said...

OK, so that last photo is just plain goofy!
Such happy memories of my own visit to Highland--I even had a nap there.
Love to all,
Bye

Christy said...

I wish my hands weren't in such an awkward place in that picture.