It has been considerably cold this past week. Today it snow but now turn into slush. I hate slush! It ruin my shoes quite a bit!
To answer your question mom, I have not been sick in my mission...yet (hopefully not). I'm enjoying the work quite a bit and I have no intend to take a day off. I have noticed that if you're not seriously sick but sick nonetheless and opt to stay home, your respect lower quite a bit. The elders here expect you to work hard everyday and I have no problem with that. It a crude crude world. Hehehe.
As for the transfere change last week, Elder Paulson went to english. Elder Westra came back. Elder Westra, Andersen, and Christensen will be going home soon (in the summer) and I hope President Searle get more elders to replace them. I'm really enjoying it, an opportunity to switch around often. I recently had an interview with President Searle. He ask me, "I need your honest opinion, do you want to go to english?"
Without hestiation, I said YES! The ASL is a lot of fun but I want a change of place, experience new things. He told me that I will go soon so we will see on the last week of Feb. I'm excited and looking forward to a new challenge.
Two of our recent converts, Robert and Millie (both hearing), are doing quite well. Robert is still stuck in the hospital, he still get periodic infection in his throat. Millie has almost read the full Book of Mormon and recently went to the Temple for Baptism for the Dead. She called us last night, telling us that she truly felt her life is improving and that God is really blessing her. It was truly wonderful to see people growing their faith and their determination to serve in the church. Elder Andersen note that because of our calling (ASL missionaries), we are finding wonderful hearing people (and wonderful deaf people as well) that would possibility never had an opportunity to listen to the gospel if it weren't for us. We found Millie because she had a deaf doorbell. Right now, we are teaching a wonderful hearing young boy named Anthony because of his deaf brother. Anthony is truly like Moroni, somber and quick to observe. Though we may not see a huge results in the deaf program, the lord might have another reason why we are here.
We had a wonderful Stake Priesthood meeting on Sunday night, held in the 65th street church (the temple). The church is on the 3rd floor, the temple take up 4th, 5th and 6th floor. It was a really wonderful meeting in which we learn about faith as a progress (go step by step), honor your priesthood and do all we can to magnify our calling here on earth. Before my mission, I hate going to stake priesthood meeting because it take up my precious saturday (or sunday) night time and I never pay attention. Now I did, I pay attention, reprogram my cochlear to listen better and I came away with a boat load of inspiration and revelations on how to improved myself. Just wait until after my mission dad, you will finally had a son who will look forward to going to priesthood meeting (unless Kyle or Tanner beat me to that!)
I love you all family. The mission is truly hard and far more people reject us than accepted us. However, my heart is brimming with charity toward all these people because I know we all are brothers and sisters. I want to help these people be happy. My goals in this mission is not to baptized, it to become a charitable worthy priesthood holder.
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment