Wow, I can't beleived it, times sure fly when you are focus on the Lord's work!
This past week has been a blurred. On Sunday, I gave my first talk in the sacrament. It was really weird signing, not being able to speak. What they do is they lower the podium as low as possible and have a foot stand you step on so the whole branch can see you. What make it weird is there are two missionaries that do voice interpretation because there are some hearing members in the Branch, namely the Branch president and his family. So it was really weird to hear my talk while I sign in the same time. It was good but I was nervous. I'm confidnent that I will improved my ASL.
Also later in the day, we had a baptism. One of the young men in our Branch, Faimeriz, a recent convert had share the gospel to his family. His mother has already been baptize as well as his aunt. His father took quite some time because he have to quit smoking. On that day, he finally was baptized. It was cool and there are more planned teaching oppournities later for Faimeriz twin brothers and his sister. All the families are from Russian (only Faimeriz is deaf) so we had a elder here who know how to speak Russian because he was born there, teaching them. That same elder baptize the father. I'm continually praying for that family because I know that there a special family blessing waiting in stored (the sealing!)
I recieved my care package. Thanks you so much! I will slowly savor it thoughout the week because care package food never last long. I also have a tip for you to save your money more later. Use a flat fee box and you can take the foods out of the boxes and stuff it as much as you can in the mail box. Weight doesn't matter. It interesting espeically in my district, Elder Paulsen family took all the brownies mix, noodles mix, etc out of the boxes and put it in a plastic bag. Then they shove as much as they can in the 10 dollars mail box. Make sure the food is seal because if the mailman can smell it, I won't be able to receive it. Thanks you so much, it was delicious and the shirts was a life saver!Espeically the recipe! Funny story, I tried to make a sausage gravy biscuit a while ago. What happen was I had three cup of milk and one cup of flours. When I pour it on the skillet, it immediately turn into lumps. Now I know why, too much flours!
The transfere cycle will end next week on tuesday so I cannot beleive six weeks has already past! So we will have a mission conference next week on thursday (that mean more of Sister Searle cooking! She the best cook in the world...beside you mom!). I hear the mission conference next week will be very special but I don't know why. You will have to wait two mails later (two weeks) to find out how it go. The District will stay at it was, there are no new missionaries for the ASL but we will expect the change in seven weeks as a new elder from the MTC will come. Until then, everything stay a same.
P-Day has been very different every week. We are in process of trying to use P-Day as best as we can which mean using the time very effectively so we can have a lot of free time to play. So far, it slowly coming together but there are some kinks to work out. We still do our laundry at 8 in the morning and usually clean between laundry so we are usually done with our chores at 10. The problems is the email and the groceries. We will try to shop for foods more earlier in the morning and do our email after we eat lunch. I apoligize for throwing you a curveball every wednesday but have faith, there will come a time when email arrive on time every week but have faith!
Groceries in the Bronx has been unique. We have two very cheap groceries stores on either side of our apartment so we bought a lots of foods every week and as usual, the 'frig are empty at the end of the week. What we do is we pool 20 dollars every week so we shop with 120 dollars in our pockets. That a lot of money for a foods espeically every week. I'm sure feel sorry for you Dad especially when you have to feed seven mouths including yours! Wow, I'm really surprised. I can't wait to have a family! So we shop as many foods as we can, healthy foods. We also have a 99 cent supplies stores close by so we can buy whatever supplies we need very cheap. They sure pick a perfect apartment.
This week, I have found two new investigators along with two progressing investigators. We are working hard and doing it with faith. The lord has bless us for that effort. It's hard to find deaf in New York City and even harder to teach them as most have low education background espeically with reading (most have 3rd grade reading level). Still, there are incredible joy when the gospel has been applied into their life. There are much to do and every day have been an adventure (and I have been writing my journal every day so when I come home, you will get a sense of my mission espeically how wonderful it was!). The district has been awesome, the area is full of cool and interesting people (with a few strange people throw in the mix) and the Lord's blessing can be clearly seen.
I know the gospel is true and I'm grateful I have a chance to testify of that everyday. People may ignore my testimony but they can't never deny it. Take care, have fun in the summer and good luck with the many renovation in the house.
I LOVE YOU ALL!
LOVE, elder Frost
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment