Dear Frost Family,
The first day has gone really well. I started getting stuff I need formy mission and found my room and unpacked. Turns out I have twocompanions! Don't worry Dad I did a short video so I won't forgettheir names. They are Elder Grow and Elder Tritsch.Elder Grow is a really nice elder and Elder Tritsch is some sort ofgenius. He attended college when he was 14. Elder Grow knows some ASLthrough High School but is hearing. Elder Tritsch is hearing but has adeaf little brother and knows alot of sign language. Learning from mypainful lesson from summer term concerning he-who-must-not-be-named Iam focusing only on their positive aspect and on the spiritual side. Iwant to succeed!We got together with four other Elders who are learning ASL (only oneis deaf) and a sister who will serve in the Salt Lake Temple Mission.We met our Branch President and his counselor. We told a bit aboutourselves and bore our testimony. They taught us what would go on inthe MTC. It was a good meeting.My materials are crazy. I got a bunch of sign language books and aBook of Mormon DVD. It shows an interpreter signing the entire book!There are at least 10 to 15 elders learning sign, I think five of themare deaf.The second day will be a full day so I am preparing myself forpossible bottom agony pain from all the sitting.The day went smoothly and I can't wait to get busy.I love you and don't forget to drink the extra milk before it gets spoiled.
Elder Frost
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment